October 28, 2012
(Ranch Tapo Community Park)
10:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Dress up in your finest Howl-O-Ween costumes and come have a blast!
- The fee is $15 for the entire family and one dog to march in the parade, and $20 to march up front and be introduced as a VIP. Online registration is now closed. You may register at the event on October 28.
- Additional family dogs are $10.
- Spectators are free.
- More than 40 vendors of pet products.
- Great food -- our famous Haunt Dawgz, burgers, burritos, tacos, ice cream, coffees and snacks.
- Pooch talent contests such as best large and small pooch, most humorous pooch, best costume, owner-pooch look-alike, best float or wagon, Judge's choice pooch, the People's choice pooch, amongst other contests.
- A silent auction with great gifts, plus lots of prizes for early-bird registration by October 21.
- All entry fees and auction receipts go to the Ventura County K-9 Search & Rescue Team and local animal shelters (last year we raised about $4,000 and plan to beat that this year).
- Demonstrations by the Disc Dogs of Southern California, Guide Dogs of America, and the VC K-9 Search & Rescue Team
Here are some pictures of last year's parade from our professional pet photographer, Karen Coyle. Come join us this year to be part of the fun, and please remember to Like us on Facebook. It's an easy way to let your friends know about the parade.
One more thing. If you marched in the parade last year, we have a fun contest for you. Look on our Facebook page. Every day we're running a picture of a marcher from last year. If you see yourself, identify yourself in a comment and you'll be entered in a drawing to march at the front of the parade with our parade leaders.